Thursday, May 19, 2011

Packing...I have way too much stuff

Packing so far has been an interesting venture. I like to do things all at once or not at all and packing is not really something you can just do in one day. So Ive tried to split it up into steps as best as I can so I can convince myself into getting it all done in a timely fashion. I started by attacking my monster pile of clothes that had been accumulating in the area by my closet for the last two months or so. After the 4-5 loads of laundry were clean I went through every thing and organized it all into three piles: Going, staying, donating. That was the easy part. Next I went through my room section by section and did basically the same thing, organizing it based on whether it was going, staying, or being thrown out. A dresser, a desk, a pile of school papers, nonsense under my bed and a ridiculously unorganized closet each tackled one day at a time and amazingly I have completely finished.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember this stage of the game! I will offer you one piece of advice. If you're worried about the weight restrictions or have some things that you think you need but aren't sure, leave them at home in a box. Then, once you arrive, have your family and/or friends ship that box over to you. I guarantee a bunch of stuff you have in your bags will not be needed during PST. If it makes life easier, definitely wait and have it sent.

    Congrats and have an amazing time. I'm currently serving in Thailand and it's the best experience of my life. I'm sure it will be for you too :)

    ReplyDelete